Local RSPCA Shops
Much of the work we do is funded through the money we make in our charity shops. We rely on the kindness and generosity of our supporters for good quality donations to sell.
You can take your donations, including pet food for the wildlife centre to any one of our eight charity shops. The general rule of thumb is ask yourself the question “would I buy it” and if the answer is yes then it’s a yes from us too. Believe it or not we regularly receive donations of unwashed underwear and many broken items which we simply cannot sell and in fact have to pay to dispose of.
For larger donations of 10 bags or more and any furniture collections please call us on 01793 640136 and select the donations option.
You can always support us by signing up to Amazon Smile and Easy Fundraising where they make a small donation to us each time you shop….it’s an easy way to help and it all adds up!
We have an Ebay shop which is worth bookmarking as we often have some interesting listings
By donating your collectables or higher value items we can raise even more money!
Our eBay shop has proved to be a huge success and has enabled us to sell specialist items to a much wider audience, from jewellery to antiques, first edition books to collectable figures, memorabilia, and vinyl records, many items have gone into a bidding war where which raised much more money than expected, we would like to keep our eBay shop full of those interesting, unusual and sought after items so if you are thinking of scaling down your collection, freeing up some space in your home or jewellery box then why not make a donation! every purchase made from our eBay shop makes a difference and helps to fund our valuable work.
To contact any of our shops, call 01793 640136.
Choose Option 4. From the menu, choose the shop location number you wish to talk to to be connected.
13 The Bridge, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1HA
41a High Street, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 1HQ
Swindon Gorse Hill
93 Cricklade Road, Gorse Hill, Swindon, SN2 1AB
12 – 14 The Parade, Swindon, Wiltshire SN1 1BA
7 The Brittox, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 1AJ
99 Northbrook Street, Newbury RG14 1AA
3 Market Place, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9AY
Royal Wootton Bassett
124a High Street
29 Market Square, Witney, OX28 6AD
27-28 The Broadway, Thatcham RG19 3HX
Items we are unable to accept.
- Shells, objects, and ornaments designed from shells, coral, crabs, sea urchins, starfish, and seahorses.
- Products that condone/support/trivialise activities the Society is opposed to. This includes:
- Objects depicting hunting scenes, bullfights, bird shooting, dog and cock fighting, trapping etc (including books)
- Objects condoning the keeping of certain exotic species as pets (e.g. primates), wild animals in circuses, captive whales, dolphins and porpoises.
- Feathers or down. This includes down filled jackets, cushions, pillows and duvets as well as feathers on hats, dream catchers and accessories.
- Taxidermy or decorative art that uses animal products (e.g. feathers); including invertebrates (e.g. insects and butterflies), and fish.
- Products whose production has a significant impact on the environment (e.g. pearl farming, shellac, palm oil etc.).
- Cosmetics or household products from companies which are not certified under the Leaping Bunny Certification Programme.
- All baby safety items, including pushchairs, prams, highchairs, and car seats.
- Duvets and pillows
- Incomplete, broken, or damaged items, toys, books or furniture
- Clothing, electricals, and kitchen items that are not in saleable condition.
- Upholstered furniture without a fire safety label attached.
- Matrasses that are dirty or stained
You can raise extra money for the charity when you bring a donation to any of our stores by signing up to ‘Gift Aid’ If you are a U.K taxpayer we can raise an extra 25% for every pound we raise from your donation, it doesn’t cost you a penny and the form is quick to fill in, please ask the shop manager about Gift aid.